Followers

Sunday, May 5, 2013

No Breakfast, No Cards


Next Sunday, I will join moms across the country for Mother's Day.  Mostly because I love a good excuse to go out to eat and have Daniel say nice things to me.  But today, for the second year, I privately noted Bereaved Mother's Day.

I don't make a big deal out of it because A) I have no problem setting aside everyday to be  mom to Eleanor and wish she was here. And B) I think celebrating the daughter that made me a mom on Mother's Day suits me just fine.  Just because I hold her in my heart, not arms, does not make me less of a mom to her and she is not one fraction less than my child.

But I am glad for this day and glad for all the women out there who find comfort in this day for them, before the intensity of all who are wonderfully oblivious to empty arms begins to press down on them, to know they are special, important and loved.  Even if our children aren't here to write a down in a card.

No comments:

Post a Comment